News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

machine simulator 3.9.0 end codesys

Started by baciocco, August 20, 2021, 12:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baciocco

hello sorry but I can not understand the steps I can explain them to myself.
I can't figure out what I have to enter in the type server box I put (opc.tcp: // localhost: 4840) but it always gives me an error.
thanks and sorry english

EasyPLC_Master

Hello!

1º Be sure there are not empty spaces:
      opc.tcp: // localhost: 4840  (NOT OK)
      opc.tcp://localhost:4840 (OK)

2º The number 4840 is the communication port used by the Codesys OPC server, this number is the defualt, be sure your firewall  have not blocked this port.

3º Be sure you have activated in Codesys the Support OPC UA Features check: Application -> Add Object -> Symbol Configuration -> Support OPC UA Features

baciocco

thanks for the help, but i can't solve the problem it always gives me this error

connect failed. Error: Endpoint does not supported user identity type provided.

EasyPLC_Master

Could be your computer have not the OPC UA Foundation core libraries.
Have you purchased a single PC license or USB License?

If you puchased a USB License with Machines SImulator 3.9 version, you will find in the USB dongle (in Software Comnponents folder) the installation program OPC UA Local Discovery Server.exe.

Please install it and test again.

If you purchased a Single PC License or USB License before MS 3.9, you can download the installation program from here:

https://opcfoundation.org/developer-tools/samples-and-tools-unified-architecture/local-discovery-server-lds/

baciocco

Thanks for your help
I solved it by uninstalling codesys v3.5 sp17
and I reinstalled codesys v3.5 sp16 patch6

EasyPLC_Master

Great, thank you for the info!
Also request the link for the new Machines Simulator v.3.9.1.1 that have solved some bugs related the management of the external drivers from MS (at info@nirtec.com)

baciocco

Does the new machine simulator version work with codesys 3.5 sp17?
thank you

EasyPLC_Master

I have tested with Codesys 3.5 SP10, you can see a demo here: https://youtu.be/LjXJ5iimfQ0

Anyway, due is using the standard OPC UA communication protocol, should not be problem with higher versions or SP.

Also if you are a EasyPLC & Machines Simulator licensed owner, you can request your free update for the last software versions at info@nirtec.com

baciocco

i tried with the latest version of codesys 3.5 sp17 but it doesn't work it gives me error, while sp16 works perfectly
I confirm that I have the latest version of machine simulator
thank you

baciocco

solved in codesys sp17 you have to follow the usual procedures but you have to disable the user management of the device, I hope I can have been of help to someone with the same problem as me

EasyPLC_Master