News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

How to use the Remote Panel Driver for Android

Started by EasyPLC_Master, July 26, 2014, 12:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyPLC_Master

Prerequisites:
1. WiFi needs to be turned on on the Android device.
2. The Android device and computer need to be on the same network.

The Remote Panel driver allows to manage remotely the EasyPLC I/O from and Android Tablet or SmartPhone. The Andoid device must be connected to the same net where the computer is, due the comunication protocol is via TCP/IP over Ethernet or Wifi.

1. Download the Remote Panel Driver from Nirtec WebSite http://www.nirtec.com/index.php?p=1_30_easyplc-drivers

2. UnZip the RemotePanel file in your PC and install the RemotePanel.apk application in your Android Tablet or SmartPhone. In order to be allowed to install the application in your Android system, you must to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources, please modify your setting as showed in the image.

3. Launch EasyPLC Editor, create a new project. Insert the Remote Panel driver.

4. Click on the new added driver and press Configure Button in order to configurate the desired I/O.

5. Press Test Button.

6. Then a new icon is added to the windows Notify area (tray icon in the right bottom of windows Taskbar).

7. If you make right click on the icon all the available computer IP's appears.

8. Launch Remote Panel application in your Android device and configure the PC Server IP Address as showed in your PC

9. Press Connect. If all is ok the notify windows informs about the new connection and the icon changes to 'connected mode'. Now you can write the PLC Inputs and read the PLC Outputs in your Android device remotely!.

KCP_Robin

How do i connect this to Machine Simulator??

EasyPLC_Master

You have to add the Machines Simulator driver to EasyPLC;

Then send the I/O from one driver to other, example:

if RemotePanel is driver #0 and Machines Simulator is driver#1, then

In script code this sentence:

for(int f=0; f<8; f++)
{
   // Write RemotePanel Outputs with Machines Simulator Input states
   WriteOutput(0, f, ReadInput(1, f));

// Write Machines SImulator Outputs with RemotePanel Inputs
   WriteOutput(1, f, ReadInput(0, f));
}

See atached image

[attachment deleted by admin]

KCP_Robin

sgeovane

hello,in my mobile phone get me a Error:not is possible  connection with server,but i configured like the instructions,the phone and computer they are the same work..

EasyPLC_Master

Please, can you tell me your Android version?
Thanks.

sgeovane

EasyPLC_Master

For Android version < 5 you must use RemotePanel app.
For versions > 5 you must use RemotePanel2 app (download it from Nirtec website: http://www.nirtec.com/index.php/interfaces-io/ Virtual Panel section)

sgeovane

Hello,before thanks for your attention.I try for this download but return with this msg "THERE IS A PROBLEM OF PACKAGE ANALYSIS" and don't install.I formated my phone,but no have a sucess..

EasyPLC_Master

You must to enable "Unknown Sources" in Android to Install this app!!!

sgeovane

I try like this mode,but no have a sucess!!