News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Creating and using chains or rope for a hoist.

Started by davidC, May 01, 2024, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidC

I'm trying to simulate a simple overhead crane and need to create a rope, chain, or similar that can have its length change when an output is turned on. I also want it to swing when the trolley moves. I tried using the built-in "CABLE"; However, the cable has elasticity that I can't seem to change. I'm very new to this software and any help would be much appreciated.

EasyPLC_Master

Hi David.

The cable is the better component that can be used there.
Here you have an example that could be useful.

If what you want to simulate is a drag cable to lift objects, then you must use a Static Component and modify its scale to simulate the behavior of the grab cable

davidC

Thank you,
I tried using the cable, but it stretches. When a dynamic block is attached to one side of the cable, the dynamic block will fall to the ground and the cable stretches to allow the dynamic block to fall all the way to the ground. How can I eliminate the stretching of the cable altogether?

EasyPLC_Master

No, the cable must be used to link components as if they were wired or joined by cables.
But it doesn't work for dragging elements.
To do it you must use a static component with a hook, and play with the static component scale.