News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

MicroLogix 1400 OPC setup

Started by forqnc, May 05, 2022, 07:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forqnc

Hi,
I'm following the tutorial for setting up OPC to connect a MicroLogix 1400 to Machine Simulator.
When I try to browse the server I get the popup error window (I'll try to add picture)
I then have to click 'close' around 30 times to clear the window as it keeps popping up.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

forqnc

Also to add, when I am configuring the EasyPLC OPC Driver, the readings are odd, I have to enter one value twice to get it to see the correct value.
Everything works fine in RSI OPC Test Client.
Attached pictures may explain better.

forqnc

added extra pictures, getting use to forum setup.

EasyPLC_Master

Hi!

The OPC Divers used by EasyPLC & Machines Simulator are for a big number of devices & Software's compatible with this protocol. Not all the features are available for each application/OPC server.
For instance, RSLinxs (Allen Bradley) doesn't expose the topics to the external OPC clients applicatios, for this reason you can not use the browse OPC Server button, in the case you press it, appears the error you describe, then you must to type the topic name manually.
Anyway you are using the Generic OPC driver, for Allen Bradley devices you must use the OPC_Driver_Enhaced, please take a look at the video in the nirtec webpage: https://www.nirtec.com/index.php/programming-allen-bradley-plc-controls/

forqnc

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I got it working.
I used the Generic Driver because the enhanced one uses tags.
RSLogix500 does not use tags, I typed in by hand
[Conveyor_MS3]I:0.0/0
[Conveyor_MS3]O:0.0/0
[Conveyor_MS3]B3:0

The video you linked is using Studio5000, as I mention above, it uses tags not direct addressing.

I'm liking the software and looking forward to creating my own custom machine.
But right now real work is getting in the way  ;)

EasyPLC_Master

Perfect, thank you for the feedback!