Author Topic: How to make graphs with the PLC Data Stack elements  (Read 5600 times)

German_44

How to make graphs with the PLC Data Stack elements
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »
I need to use graphics with some data stack elements, also I need to view the graphs in real time. How can I do it?, it is possible to export them to use with Excel or other programs?.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:42:17 PM by German_44 »

EasyPLC_Master

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Nirtec
    • The EasyPLC Project
Re: How to make graphs with the PLC Data Stack elements
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
No problem!, you have a lot of options, for example:
  • With the console you can use the graphics controls like the Chart or the Graphic control, see in the EasyPLC Turorials folder the graphic.plc example, there you can see how easy is to link a data stack element with the console chart control. The Graphic control is more powerful but you need to make more work, programming with the script language the appropriate behavior.
  • You can create a text file with the content of the needed data stack elements to open with other applications. It's very easy using the Ladder file control. Also using the script you can create more customized files with the format you need.

German_44

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:35:30 AM »
OK, I tested and works ok, but I need to process the data differently, and creating the data file is too slow and is not automatic that all I need. Then, Is there any way to send data directly to Excel or another application?

EasyPLC_Master

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Nirtec
    • The EasyPLC Project
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »
Yes it's possible to send data directly to Excel, using the script code, I attach an example how to do it, use it and customize it according to your needs.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:10:55 PM by EasyPLC_Master »

German_44

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:07:52 PM »
Thank you very much for the example, is perfect for my needs.
I would like to ask you one more question, I have done a Visual Basic program that read data from other application using the DDE information exchange protocol for Windows, it's possible to read EasyPLC's data using this protocol?
Thanks a lot for your help.

EasyPLC_Master

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Nirtec
    • The EasyPLC Project
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »
Yes, you need to make an EasyPLC external driver, then use the analogic I/O to manage the data stack. I recommend you to read the tutorial How to Make an EasyPLC Driver for EasyPLC, there you will find more documentation.
Any way I remember time ago I make and external driver that was using the DDE protocol to communicate with third party software, when I'll have more time I will create a tutorial about this matter.

Regards.

German_44

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »
I will try to make my own driver, anyway some example will help.
Thank you very much for your kind help.